Here are a few guidelines to help you plan your special fundraising event:
We are happy give you advice on your event. Please contact us on 01 – 8430930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set the date and location. Schedule your event for a day, time and location that provides you with plenty of time to plan and promote it properly.
- Draw up a list of jobs to be done.
- If you can, find a volunteer for each of the jobs.
- Set fundraising goals and a budget. It is important you know all your costs before embarking on an event. This will help you monitor your expenses. It will also help you determine your fundraising goals. The lower your cost, the higher the contribution.
- Determine how money will be collected and handled.
- Determine legal, insurance, liability, permit and safety issues you may need to address. Nurture will not be responsible for insurance, permit, etc and cannot accept liability for any accidents.
- Develop a publicity/promotion plan. Flyers, posters and other promotional materials will help generate awareness and excitement about your event.
- Use free sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc to publicise your event. Tell Friends, Family & Work Colleagues.
- You can create a fundraising page on http://www.mycharity.ie or http://www.idonate.ie and have Nurture as your benefactor.
- Look for local sponsors.
- Invite participants.
- Create a “Day of Event” agenda and checklist.
- Lay out how the venue will be set up and arrange for setup and cleanup details.
- Most important enjoy your event!
- Please take photos of your event as we would love to display them on our website and facebook page
- Submit proceeds to Nurture and email us your photos at email@example.com
- Remember thank you’s and recognition. Don’t forget to recognise those who helped organise and participate in the event.
Nurture is happy to provide:
- Event planning advice
- A Nurture representative (if available)
- Nurture marketing materials (if available)
- An event listing in our online events calendar and electronic newsletters (when appropriate)
- The Nurture name/logo
- A letter of support from Nurture that validates the authenticity of the event
Nurture cannot provide:
- Funding or reimbursement for event expenses
- Access to our donor or mailing lists
- Access to celebrities or VIPs
- Guarantees of promotion or advertising of your event
- Guarantees of attendance of staff or volunteers at your event
- Guarantees to supply prizes, auction items, awards
- Use of the Nurture name and logo is not allowed without prior written permission from Nurture.
- Please inform us of all approaches you make to companies for sponsorship either as direct contributions or as goods for prizes or draws etc.
- Please also inform us of any media promotion (newspapers, radio or printed) that you are planning to do.
- Nurture will not be responsible for insurance, permit, etc and cannot accept liability for any accidents.
- Any event involving collections from the public requires a Garda permit. Please contact your local Garda station.
Golf Classic Fundraiser